Thursday, January 29, 2009

So I got my results back, and yes I have diabetes. That sucks, but it is something I have had before and also something I feel I can handle. I am calling my doctor tomorrow to make an appointment. I also had high cholesterol and that worries me more. But that was barely out of the normal range though.

Haylee went skiing Tuesday and didn't have the GREAT time I thought she would, but she said it was okay. She fell down which probably ruined it for her. At least she tried it. I am so proud of her.

I am trying to potty train Maddy. I hope that she is potty trained by March when we go to Vegas (YAHOO!!!!!). I have been giving her quarters every time she uses the potty and she is doing well, because she LOVES money. LOL She has had a hard time just going so I turn on the sink water and let it run and within seconds she is going pee! YAY!!! Tomorrow is a no diaper/pullup day, and I am excited to see how it goes. :) Anyway as I said, I give her a quarter and make a huge deal about her going potty on the toilet, thinking that would make her want to go, because what child doesn't love praise?? Earlier this evening, right when she finished going, I went to the bathroom and when I was done, she said "Good job, Mommy!", and gave ME a quarter! So cute!

My wonderful friend Shannon has inspired me to start working out, so I started yesterday. It's not easy, nor fun huffing and puffing when you have a sore throat but I did it. I walked on the tread mill and it KICKED MY BUTT! Which is good and bad I guess. LOL Soon I can walk and walk without feeling like I wanna die. I love walking so I am so excited to be able to get back into it. And without having to stop so often because of pelvic pain and because of my back.

It's almost soccer season again!! I ♥ being a soccer mom. Maddy is still too young to play where Tawni and Haylee play, but I am thinking maybe a tumbling class for her. And hopefully they have a night session so it wears her out!! LOL

3 comments:

  1. whew I'm glad it's "just" Diabetes! Working out with me will take care of that in no time though ;) hehe

    Too cute about Maddy giving you money!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your diabetes, hope all will go well for you and you will be able to manage it ok.
    How old is Maddy? At the West Valley Fitness Center you can sign them up for soccer as young as 3 1/2. Kiara played last fall and LOVED it. She was the smallest and sometimes the only girl, but really enjoyed it. She has been asking me about it all winter and we are going to start her up again in the Spring. My son plays soccer too. I agree I love being a soccer mom. Isn't it so fun watching them play?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you on the working out! Stick with it and it will change your life! It always helps to have an "accountability buddy," too!

    I'm actually dreading soccer season starting a little. I've become very spoiled by the slow-paced schedule of this winter. LOL I really do love it, though, and so do the kids, so I'm sure we'll quickly get back into the swing of things. :)

    ReplyDelete