Thursday, March 25, 2010

Maddy got her kindergarten immunizations on Monday. Four shots!! Last night I noticed her thigh was red and hot to the touch. I took her to the ED at Jordan Valley Medical Center and they said she has cellulitis. It's a skin infection right under the surface. She ended up getting an IV and she is on 2 different antiobiotics for 10 days. I feel so bad for her. She limps when she walks and hasn't been to preschool since Monday. :(

Maddy eating a popsicle... right after she had an IV put in. We are waiting for the meds right now.

The area of her leg that is affected.

Another pic.. before the doctor outlined it with ink.

Maddy cheesin for the cam. Ü

3 comments:

  1. poor girl, good thing you are so observant and acted quickly!

    My little girl is starting kindergarten this year too, where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... poor thing. I hope she gets feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! They said that she didn't need to be admitted because I noticed it before it got the chance to become toxic.

    It is so sad how fast these kids grow up! My oldest will be in 8th grade next year! YIKES!

    Thank you Lori. Ü

    ReplyDelete